To complete the most miles during the 2nd lockdown
- The challenge will run from Saturday 7th November to midnight Wednesday 2nd December (“the challenge period”)
- Teams will consist of 2 riders (i.e. “Bubble Pairs”). The Bubble Pair must ride together at all times. Solo rides will not count.
- Qualifying miles are those ridden outside (i.e. on real roads) and must be logged on STRAVA by both riders. Turbo miles do not qualify*
- The commissaire will scrutinise STRAVA and determine qualifying miles. The commissaire ruling is final but he does like gifts in the form of alcohol.
- Qualifying miles are those completed by the “Bubble Pair” during the challenge period. There is no combining of mileage for the 2 riders. Only one of the rider’s miles will be used as qualifying miles. In most cases this will be the lowest mileage of the two riders.
- Bubble Pairs can ride whenever they wish and how often they wish. There are no limitations to the number of rides.
- The commissaire has the discretions to award bonus miles to a deserving Bubble Pair. Bonus miles maybe awarded for example if a ride has taken place in inclement weather, a tough course ridden with lots of climbing, funny picture taken, or simply a bribe to the commissaire.
- Time Trial Bars are permitted but deep rim carbon wheels are not!
- Electric motors or E-bikes are not permitted!
- Goes without saying but please ride within your capability and stay safe. Enjoy!
*The commissaire has granted an exception for Abi who needs to self-isolate and will look to match G on the turbo
The Bubble Pairs – new teams can join anytime during the challenge period
- Abi & G
- Andy & El President
- Ant & Woody
- Ash & Bionic Brian
- Big Dave & Nick
- Captain Cook & Super G
- Kevin & Jake
- Media Matt & Simon
- Nigel & Wobbly Rob
- Rugby Dave & Mysterious Mike
- Sharon & Wendy
- Special K & Mark